Monday, February 3, 2014

#MondayBlogs Character Bio For Amara Dagon From The In Dreams... Series

Amara Dagon

So with the third book on the verge of completion.... At least the hand written portions. Amara has finally agreed to formally introduce herself to our audience!!! Join me as she answers some questions at random and shares a few pics of herself along the way!! 



 So first things first, Amara thank you for joining me today. I know that it's hard to get away with all the craziness you're currently headed for in my third installment of your tales. 

Oh don't remind me. Could you have stuck me with a more narcissistic ass of a man?

Don't blame me, I write him how he acts, and you know a part of you like it. So shush and answer my questions. The readers wanna know about you!

(Crosses her legs with an annoyed huff.)
Fine! Ask your silly questions.

Firstly tell us how you see yourself. For those just meeting you who haven't read your first 

You mean like the basics? Height, weight, etcetera? 

Pretty much yeah. (Grins)

Well lets see, I'm 24, five foot ten, have waist length Raven's blue black hair that I typically 
keep pulled into a twist with my favorite silver clasp. My eyes evenly set and are a mix of 
cobalt and Azure Blue reflectively. My measurements are 32, 22, 38, and I weigh about 145 pounds. My skin is smooth, nails are clipped short and typically clean, but I've a few callouses from using my bow. What else do you wanna know? 

Careful Amara, you're being snippy again.

Shush, you sound like Morgan. You know I'm nervous.

Sorry,  moving on. Why do you think I chose to interview you first? 

Probably because the first book is all about me, and I'm the only one you could catch.
Funny.. But seriously why should the readers care?

Because they're all itching for something different in an adult fantasy epic? Let's face it from what I gather the market is flush with Young Adult reads and Science 
Fiction and Fantasy are making a comeback, but strong female characters are still secondary in them. 

With me, you get a feisty determined woman. Not a little girl. Sure I'm still figuring things 
out but who isn't? 
I've had my turmoil, my lovers, my losses and accomplishments. That's what The  Solitary Road is about. My finding my way in a world that doesn't exactly receive me
or my magic in the most favorable ways. But I am one to overcome. Seeing that and the
awesomeness of the world I thrive in is worth the time.

What about The Unavoidable Road? What do you think of that set up?

(Throws her head back with snicker)

Oh well there you saddled me with Morgan for the first time. A feast for the eyes, Yes. But not exactly the easiest person to get along with.

That same thing could be said of you! (Morgan yells from the background) He's impatiently waiting his turn to talk.


Shush you! We're talking about me for a change!!

Easy guys, no fighting during the interview. Morgan don't you have someone to whip? 

Yeah, yeah, I'm going... (stomps off, dejectedly) 

Great I'm going to have to go smooth that out later... Anyhow Amara you were saying?
About your second tale.

Yes, so after being schlepped across the desert and nearly having my ass fall off something
called a Roller-coaster.
I manage to explain that my homeland is in need of some serious changes in regime. Morgan agrees to help me because he sees it as slavery. Which it isn't, I don't think... It's a fucked
situation to be sure. We get to know each other and I am starting to realize that I can trust
and depend on people, even if they aren't exactly people... But I won't give away what
Morgan is. He'll have to explain that one to you when it's his turn... I think that our banter is pretty funny. 

I agree.... So where was this pic taken? You don't look particularly happy...

(laughs gently)

No I was most certainly not a happy clam here. I had been in De Suet (pronounced Dissway) for a day or so being pretty much stalked by this really annoying man, when I decided to
have a look that the towns Water Temple. It's really an awesome sight I highly recommend
it. Anyhow, I didn't know the place was a magical beacon, and it kind of kicked my ass. So
there I was outside trying to center and ground and up walks mister pain in my ass with a
snide remark before walking away... Kinda put the kibosh on my whole day.

Got yourself something of a stalker then, how'd you handle that? 

Bought him a drink and and asked him to come home with me.

Oh wow, well I um...

NO!! Not like that!! Sheesh, I'm not that easy. Not that there's anything wrong with being
easy. He's agreed to help me with some issues I have.
     
Can't be easy with a steel trap between your legs!! 

SHUT UP MORGAN!!!

Ahh.. Okay care to share?

(Shifts in her seat uneasy)
Well I'm not talking about what he mentioned.... And I don't want to give away too much of what you've written for us. But Basically I come from a island where inequality runs rampant and everything seems really skewed in the females
favor, rendering men to lower positions. Which while sometimes useful, still doesn't sit well
for me. So Morgan my ever present pain in the ass has agreed to help me usurp the throne
so that I may be able to fix some of the damage caused by dear old mom.

You told us you have magic, why can't you just use that?

Well.... It's unstable. I have figured out how to control most of it. But I don't want to hurt anyone if I can avoid it. I'm hoping that diplomacy can get me further. If not I think I'm going to have to lead some kind of coup, and have no idea where to start. Morgan though, he seems to have an idea of how. I need someone with experience and he tells me he has oodles. So I'm
trusting that information. Cuz if we fail... I don't want to think about that. 

Me either, I don't want to kill my favorite characters in the middle of the story.

(Amara and Morgan in Unison)
Yeah could we avoid that??? PLEASE!! 

I can't promise you nothing, but if you screw it up maybe I've got a saving throw.!! Bwahahahaa!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!